Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Best of 2013 (Mine)

I chose this photograph as one of my favorites I took this year because the light write assignment was probably my favorite that we have done. Despite being out in the cold at night, I was having so much fun doing these photos that I didn't even notice that an hour had gone by already. The creativity it afforded me was also very fun. Out of all the ones I did this one is my favorite because it turned out just how I had wanted it to even if it was a simpler design.

The clone assignment was another one of my favorites. I enjoyed planning out everything that I wanted to do in each photo and then finally seeking come out in the end was an almost magical effect when I did it. Also, the amount of information that I learned while piecing together the photos, the experience of doing, and the practice with Photoshop make this a very important assignment to me. This is also my dad's favorite photo that I have taken this year and it is one of mine as well.

From both the standpoints of visual appeal and my own personal love of a photo, this is one of my best photographs of the year. I like how the photograph turned out with the stem and some of the leaf are in focus but the rest isn't. I think this is also one of my best uses of rule of thirds during the year, although it could be better but I was, and am, still something of a new photographer. Lastly, Fall is one of my favorite seasons and so this picture takes me back to that time when I was taking it which is a good memory for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment